Line Drawing Ideas Easy Step By Step

Line drawing simple

Hey everyone welcomes here to the new review by line drawing idea. I am back to you and that is for this little gem this book is called botanical line-drawing. It's by Peggy Dean some of you may know her as the pigeon letters on Instagram and social media. But this girl is a rock star and she is known mainly for her hand lettering. She actually has another book out called the brush lettering guide. I'm pretty sure that's what it's called. I'll correct myself below but this is her brand-new book. She just put out and it's all about botanical line drawing. So, drawing flowers leaves cactus super fun. Super fun things here all and this is a step-by-step guide.

Line drawing simple

Line drawing rose

So, I'm going to show you inside really quickly and I will say this book I spilled some water on it. As I was practicing and playing around. So, you'll notice throughout that some of the pages are a little bit wrinkly that is not how it came. I just really messed it up alright on the back it says line drawing is an easy art form featuring illustrative doodle like design. It's used widely among artists of many types with both fine and bold lines creating different variations. This book walks through drawing very simple doodles into more elaborate delicate illustrations and is easy to follow for all skill levels. I just want to say that is so true because I considered myself and I guess medium skill level.

Line drawing tool


When it comes to doodling and drawing once I learn how to draw something. I'm good but when it comes to drawing something, I've never done. Before it takes me a little bit and it takes me some practice but as I open this up. I want you to see and her illustrations are just gorgeous. But I just want you to see how she lays this book out. So, the first section is leaves and each page is a step-by-step tutorial for each drawing.  She starts from very simple leaves and she does have a space down here for you to draw your own or kind of follow. Along I chose to practice separately in a separate notebook that I had laying around just because I wanted to keep the book pristine.

One line drawing tool


She shows you the exact part of the away drawing to start with and how to add each little detail along the way until you get to the finished product. So, we have leads here she has so many different designs for leaves. I didn't even know you could draw this many leaves all all right. So, we have leaves and then it transitions. I mean look at this look at this fern how adorable is that I just love it. All right then we transition into flowers which are my favorite if you've been following on Instagram you've seen me drawing a lot of flowers. Recently because I've been so excited that this whole new world of botanical line drawing has been opened to me. But she has a ton of different flowers again step by step.

Line drawing of cat

You start from the minutest detail and go up. Just keep adding detail and layers as you go until you get this beautiful finished product that you never thought. You could draw so we start with some simple ones here. It does get into some pretty complex flowers. Some that I haven't even attempted yet because they seem a little difficult for me. But I mean there's some so many cute little flowers and things in here. You can draw and then probably the cutest part in addition to the flowers. Which I love that's actually mainly why I wanted this book. So, when Peggy emailed me and asked if I wanted this book for free for review and as soon as she said that I was like.


Line drawing tattoo

I've been looking forward to it and I can't wait absolutely. So, I did get this free from Peggy to do a review on it. I'm absolutely way happier with it than I thought I was going to be I really got it mainly. Just for the flowers but I'm so happy with the rest of this book. As well alright so after we get through flowers which is quite expensive section in the book. It moves on to a little bit of succulents and cacti. Which I just think are so adorable so this is something that's really popular right now drawing succulents. So, I thought it was a great addition to kind of throw some of these. I haven't gotten to this section yet but I can't wait to practice and create some of these succulents for my own alright.

Line drawing of face

So now that you've seen the book itself. I just want to show you a few of the things that I have done and this is in my bullet journal. I decided to practice some of the flowers and I literally just went step by step. I found the flower that I wanted to replicate in the book and I went step by step and drew them into my notebook. No pencil sketch drawing first just following the steps in the book and I think they turn out really good. So, I have some of them practice right there and then as we move forward. I did some of the flowers as a little doodle along the top there and then throughout the month of May. I've been adding a flower a day to my tracker and this is a big reveal all. I am not doing a mood mandala.

Line drawing heart

This month in my plan with me named heal. I mentioned that I couldn't find my protractor. So, I couldn't draw out the circles so I kind of wrapped my brain. I was like what else can I do for a mood tracker. This month because I really do love tracking my mood and I was like wait. I'm doing these botanical line drawings like why don't I practice those and do those as my mood tracker. So, every day I'm drawing a new flower and obviously I'm coloring it in based on my mood. But it's kind of a double thing I get to practice my line drawing and then I also end up with this beautiful spread full of hopefully colorful flowers by the end of the month and besides that.

Line drawing tree

I've kind of been practicing this Rodya notebook and this is something I did I want to cut this out and frame it. Somehow because I love the way it turned out but I just did a row of a bunch of different flowers that Peggy showcases in her book. I did a little hand lettering at the bottom April showers bring May flowers. So, I really like that there's so many things that you can do with these line drawings. Here's some weaves that I practiced as well these are a few different leaves not all of them 100% happy with. But you know its practice if you have been on the fence. I'm sure you've seen this book floating around social media. It seems like everybody's been latching on and grabbing up this book. It's definitely for good reason Peggy is awesome. I love her step-by-step tutorials obviously if I can do this I promise. You anyone can they're super simple yet and you end up with this awesome result. So, I just want to say thank you again to Peggy for sending this book my way. 

Source: Cool drawing idea


Post a Comment

0 Comments