Learn How to Draw Easy Line Drawing Art

Line drawing simple

Hey everyone today I'll be reviewing botanical line drawing by Peggy Dean. You may know her as the pigeon letters on Instagram and other social media. This was picked up by a publisher so that it's this new version so you'll see some differences. I don't actually have the original but I do know. There are some differences between this one and the original one. So, I'll point them out. As I'm going through it. First off, I want to mention it has like this really nice kind of velvety cover. It's hard to describe but if you've seen these kinds of covers. You'll know what I'm talking about just has like a nice feeling to it.


Line drawing rose

I was a really big fan of this book I mean I still AM I think it's a really great breakdown of what shape. You should start with how to draw the next line and then it shows you exactly step by step. These green outlines so you know exactly what should have been drawn by then and then. What you're adding to each line drawing rose. So, I will actually show you this. I well this is I got this rummy that pretend this is actually for me conference. I went to last year and it was a little blank notebook. So, I thought it would be perfect for October. If you don't know is basically 31 days of drawing in October. The idea is that everyone draws something based on these official prompts.


Line drawing cat

So, there are 31 prompts that you could follow from the officials inktober challenge. You can also do your own thing. If you just want to so the first two pages here are me just practicing some of the doodles from the book. You'll see that my first attempts aren't at that grade. The second one that gets a little better. You'll see like these don't quite look exactly. The way the book looks but practice makes perfect great. So, I try to draw these little by little try to get them better. So, this is kind of like a warm-up exercise. This was like a few days before October and I was just curious. So here is the first three days and you'll see that this is actually from the book.

Line drawing of face

I will tell you how I drew these so I start with this pencil it's called Quran. I don't think that's the correct pronunciation but please bear with me. It's in the eighth-grade pencil. So, it writes really lightly you can actually see it. Something back here let's just do like a little spiral. So, you can see that it it's not super dark but it does show enough detail that you can work with it. The great thing is that you can erase it and really good just about nothing left behind. So, I really like this pencil for this kind of line work and then what I do is that first I will draw the entire. Whatever it is like the entire drawing first with pencil and then I will use these tombow.

Line drawing tattoo

Where do they called the mono drawing pens so I have the set of three? So, there's one and then there's three and five. These are just like different line thicknesses. You know like your very fine tip your medium tip and then like a thicker tip. I like using the finer tip for the details inside. The inside like things like the little strokes inside the flower and then using the five to outline things. The three-four sort of like in-between details. I'm just going to flip through my drawing. So, you can see this is what I drew from the book. I really like it. It’s really helped me to draw these things. I would have not drawn by myself. It's actually a really good book.

Line drawing heart

She's just like show you how to draw do this like step by step and honestly. I don't think I would have drawn this by myself. If I would have looked at a reference book. A reference photo but being able to see exactly how she draws it. It was really cool so actually I have reference pages here. So, I'll show you exactly what this looks like in the book. So, this is the cup and saucer vine. She shows you basically this you can see how you start off with the center. Add this piece and then at the outer piece. You're basically adding more and more details until you're done with the drawing. I mean me doesn't look exactly like hers but I think it came out pretty close.

Line drawing of tree

It was my first try so I'm pretty happy with it. I mean the beauty of this is obviously you get to practice. You can what so these are the rest of the drawings. I did for inktober and they range from flowers to cacti to tree rings. I just wanted to show you exactly what I done with the book. You want to see like actual might actually work behind it. So, this one was actually a really good example. Because I actually did this for about a month. I mean grant said I did sometimes. I do like multiple drawings in the day because sometimes I just get into like. Really, I just got into them the flow and I don't want to stop drawing. So, I'll draw for an hour every few days instead of doing one every day for ten minutes.

Line drawing of butterfly

I just think my brain just kind of works that way because like once. I got get my markers out and me my felt-tip pens and I like my pencils like it. Just kind of starts going and I can't stop trying and I don't know the brand for this. I've had this probably since I was a teenager. Maybe and it's like this retractable eraser that you can it’s kind of just like works like a mechanical pencil. In any case the pencil itself is really good. So, I think any eraser will work well with it. I want to take a moment and point out that this book has all the names for each type of plant. Whatever is pictured in the original book. She did not have this and it was a big point of feedback.


Line drawing of animals

Where people were just not sure what they were drawing animals. So, in this version you'll see that each page has names for every single plant. Even if you know how to drop but you just want to learn how to try different types of things like florals and succulents. You don't really know how to get started I think this is a great book. I personally really like it and I really want to get back into drawing more of these. I wish I was in a better like discipline that I could actually you know draw these every day. Because I really like this book and I've been the fan of her work for ever. So, I'm really excited to have this book and be able to go through it. I hope you enjoyed this article.



Source: Cool drawing idea

Post a Comment

0 Comments